CUMBERLAND FARMS - STORE SUPPORT CENTER OFFICE
Job Category: Corporate
The Bulk Inventory Accountant is primarily focused on accounting and transactions related to our bulk fuel purchases. The Bulk Inventory Accountant will apply generally accepted accounting principles, company policies and procedures, previous experience, Right Angle and Oracle e-Business Suite system functionality to ensure accounting transactions, account balances, and reports are appropriately stated.
- Tracking inventory and reconciling inventory to the general ledger.
- Calculating inventory on a Mark to Market basis along with GAAP.
- Ensure proper payment of invoices received related to Bulk fuel.
- Prepares and processes manual monthly recurring and non-recurring journal entries.
- Tracks, reconciles and processes RINs and invoices RINs sales.
- Prepares RINs quarterly reports to the EPA.
- Monitors RIN customer balances within credit policy.
- Reports daily bulk inventory positions to management.
- Support external audit requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above responsibilities are to be carried out in accordance with documented company policies and procedures, with the goal that all will be accomplished to provide monthly and annual financial results within established timeframes. All of the above will be accomplished collaboratively but will also provide opportunities for independent decision making.
The Bulk Inventory Accountant will work closely with members of the Petroleum Supply and Operations team, the Tax Department as well as other internal departments and some external contacts. Interactions with all of these groups will be via email, phone, and in person and will require the Bulk Inventory Accountant to inform, teach, persuade, and report information.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting Required
Preferred Education: N/A
Preferred Experience: - 2-5 years of accounting experience
- Fuel accounting related experience preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Right Angle experience preferred
- Oracle experience preferred
Soft Skills: - Comfortable in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Commitment to execute against goals
- Detail Oriented
- Highly organized with an ability to plan and perform multiple tasks
- Strong oral and written capabilities
Other: Travel not anticipated