Facilities Food Service Technician
Req #: d106100b-4082-4761-a87a-a80a00ee68f7
Location: Worcester, MA
Location Name: WORK FROM HOME - WORCESTER, MA
Job Category: Corporate
The Field Technician will travel to store locations to perform maintenance and service repairs on various types of commercial food service equipment. Candidate will work with dispatchers and team supervisors to manage workload to complete calls in timely manner.
• Repair and/or refurbish on equipment such as: frozen beverage, fountain soda coffee brewers, gas
dispensing equipment, refrigerated cases, and other food service equipment.
• Perform preventative maintenance on equipment such as frozen beverage units, fountain soda, coffee
brewers, high speed ovens and other food service related equipment.
• Responsible for managing parts inventory on their assigned service truck by conducting weekly cycle counts
and periodic physical inventory.
• Must be able to travel to several locations throughout the day and work independently the majority of the
• Receive dispatches via email & phone, and works with dispatchers to ensure prioritization of work with the
goal of maximizing equipment up-time.
• Updates job status and notes via online work order management system, provides detailed resolution notes
• Maintains truck inventory accuracy by performing weekly cycle counts and annual inventory.
• Ensures service vehicle is maintained, clean, and well stocked with service parts.
• Perform other job related duties as assigned by Department Manager
Internal Facilities Managers, dispatchers and parts department, to include Retail Store team members..
Minimum Education: a high school diploma or its equivalent
Preferred Education: Trade school and/or Associates Degree
Minimum Experience: Requires 0-2 year’s related experience.
Preferred Experience: Preferred Experience: 2+ years of experience repairing food service equipment such as high speed ovens, food warmers, coffee brewers, frozen beverage equipment (Brand: Taylor or FBD), fountain soda units, roller grills and other related equipment.
• Must be able to lift 80 pounds
• Grasping/Griping/fine manipulation
• Pushing/pulling/bending/kneeling/twisting/climbing on a regular basis
• Carrying/sitting/walking/standing and lifting above shoulder level on a regular basis.
Travel As a Field Tech, this position will travel to multiple store locations during the entire shift.
Hours & Conditions Hours and shift times can vary. Must be flexible and have the ability to work overtime when needed