IT Support Technician I
Req #: 34ecde7b-b6f1-4e85-b904-a7ed013a6380
Location: WESTBOROUGH, MA
Location Name: CUMBERLAND FARMS - STORE SUPPORT CENTER OFFICE
Job Category: Corporate
The IT Support Technician role interacts daily with end users at the store and corporate facility. The primary objective of this role to provide immediate front line support to users that are facing IT and Facility issues. The candidate must possess a consistent positive attitude and a drive to provide world class customer service.
1. Responsible for providing front line support to store and corporate end users with a wide variety of IT and
2. Responsible for the triage, support and timely follow up on critical issues
3. Responsible for performing routine follow up on open issues using standardized processes
4. Responsible for participating in the parts shipping and replenishment process for Store and Desktop parts
5. Demonstrate ability to independently work on projects as assigned
6. Demonstrate ability to learn additional roles and responsibilities including Store IT Support, Desktop
Support, Computer Room Support and Off Hours Facilities Support
7. Must provide on-call support on a rotational basis
The IT Support Technician will be responsible for working with a variety of internal groups and external vendors to coordinate and provide parts, service and support to our end user community. These relationships are critical to meeting support expectations.
High School Diploma, GED, Some Technical Coursework
Preferred Education: Associates or Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Experience: Knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems. Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Basic understanding of Desktop, Laptop and peripheral IT hardware set-up and configuration.
Preferred Experience: Experience working in a call center environment using call logging software. Experience using outlook within a network environment.
Soft Skills: The following is required: excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to understand customer / end-user needs and translate them into technical terms; exhibited troubleshooting and problem solving skills; the ability to explain technical issues to non-technical users; solid time management and organizational skills; excellent attention to detail; and, ability to work well in a team environment.
Other: List any other essential qualifications and hardship requirements, as follows:
Physical Must be able to lift 0-50 lbs
Hours & Conditions 3rd Shift (10pm-6:30am)