Retail Internal Communications Manager
Req #: cbf26301-c7b1-4974-83b0-a7cf011d5933
Location: WESTBOROUGH, MA
Location Name: CUMBERLAND FARMS - STORE SUPPORT CENTER OFFICE
Job Category: Corporate
The Cumberland Farms Company is currently seeking a Retail Internal Communications Manager. Cumberland Farms, Inc. is a private, family owned company with a corporate facility conveniently located in our newly renovated Westborough, MA offices.
To support Cumberland Farms’ strategic initiatives and continued growth, we are currently seeking top talent to join our Operations/Human Resources Department as a Retail Internal Communication Manager. The Retail Internal Communications Manager will be responsible for establishing and delivering company-wide internal communications to all team members. This is a hands-on role supporting multiple departments reporting directly to the Guest and Team Member Experience Director. The Retail Internal Communications Manager will work closely with all levels of management, Operations, Marketing, Human Resources, and Distribution Center to deliver timely, relevant, and informative messaging to a variety of audiences within Cumberland Farms. This candidate must have comprehensive skills beyond written to support future initiatives.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Develop team member communications strategy, establish standards and identify communication vehicles to effectively reach team members in corporate headquarters, retail stores, distribution center, terminal operations and other field-based team members
• Author original content, edit content submissions and provide coaching to management in order to establish recurring forms of communications such as newsletters, announcements, executive correspondence and intranet communications in order to disseminate information relative to the Company’s mission, vision, values, goals, products, services, initiatives, events, programs and operating practices
• Comprehensive ability to evaluate and identify the most effective channels of communication to deliver content to a geographically dispersed team member base utilizing vehicles such as email, intranet, in-person meetings, web conferencing, blogs, video, social media and other mobile communication techniques
• Work with executives, department heads and their designees to facilitate the delivery of key messaging to the organization ensuring that communication standards are maintained
• Develop and maintain a team member communications calendar and plan and coordinate internal communication events such as quarterly meetings, company announcements and team member activities
• Develop metrics and a methodology to measure communication program effectiveness and drive continuous improvement
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, journalism, public relations or a related discipline
• Minimum of five (5) plus years of professional experience in a communications discipline
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to create simple, clear and concise messaging; demonstrable track record of designing and implementing communications plans using different channels across multiple geographical locations
• Excellent influencing skills at all levels of the organization, including Executive level
• Experience using a variety of communications vehicles and technologies such as email, intranet, in-person meetings, web conferencing, blogs, video, social media and other mobile communication techniques, including HTML experience
• Strong project management skills, an ability to multi-task and capability of developing a deep understanding of the business, industry, strategy, customers, product and service offering in order to communicate effectively with team members
• Previous experience of managing corporate communications programs for a large organization and event planning experience for internal corporate events, a plus
This role will require someone who is an outgoing individual, has an eye for detail, is attentive and adaptable, confident in their ability, passionate about communication, possess the experience and drive needed to implement a strategic and aggressive communication plan.