CUMBERLAND FARMS - STORE SUPPORT CENTER
Job Category: Warehouse
Position Summary: The Plant Operation Supervisor is responsible for daily production of a 24 million unit a year food assembly plant with frozen & fresh sandwiches and deposited product.
1. Production scheduling based on store and WDC needs
2. Supervision of daily plant activities as well as constant improvement plan
3. Responsible for reporting plant preventive maintenance and all plant improvement activities
4. Responsible for production of consistent high quality products within specific recipes
5. Responsible for yields, waste factors, reliability and controllable cost of production.
6. Maintains balance of labor and good relations with management and all employees in a multi lingual and cultural
7. Demonstrates a technological proficiency for current industry practices including employee safety, food safety,
HACCP, GMP and FDA/USDA rules. Must be capable of achieving and maintaining highest levels of food safety
inspection and certifications
8. The Operations Supervisor sets a leadership example to all the employees and management. Must be a people
person who collaborates with supervisors and employees
9. The ability to drive down importance of food safety to make a substantial improvement in processes and
production to achieve the highest standards for safety.
10. Must be able to work in a regulated industry with intense internal and external scrutiny.
Working Relationships: Collaborates with in-house QA/QC department as well as corporate risk department.
Critical relationships with WDC partners as well as marketing category managers and directors
• Must have good working knowledge of high care food production, processes and equipment to perform at high output levels
• Must be collaborative in working relationships at all levels
• Basic understanding and or experience with Lean Manufacturing
• Must be a change agent constantly striving for continuous improvement.
• Must be a team builder with good communication skills
• Should have knowledge of frozen and fresh production
Minimum Education: Bachelors in any field, associates in food
Preferred Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Microbiology, Chemistry Food Technology or Food Sciences. 3-5 years’ experience in food industry to cover technical skills needed.
• Production Operations management
• New product introductions
• Training, development & motivation
• Developing/ implementing procedures
• Quality Control / SQF
• Ideal candidate will have at least 5+ years of plant/operation supervision experience in the food industry.
• Must have experience working with Refrigerated and/or Perishable foods (Short shelf life).
• Must have experience working with the UDSA and prefer experience working with the FDA
• A leadership track record and quality commitment is key to this position.
Soft Skills: Excellent communication & organizational skills and strong analytical and PC skills. Proficient in excel, statistical programs and SAP applications.
Hours & Conditions:
• Must be available to work weekdays, weekends, early mornings, nights, long shifts, and holidays.
• Adapt schedule to work alongside the changing demands of the operation.
• Exposure to vibrations, spices, dust, dirt, noise, fumes and chemicals.
• Working in wet, hot and cold temperature extremes (extremes vary between 100° Fahrenheit -20° Fahrenheit).