Culinary Center Production Manager
Req #: 0dca2163-5c9e-4f12-a04b-a785010c7168
Location: WESTBOROUGH, MA
Location Name: CUMBERLAND FARMS - STORE SUPPORT CENTER
Job Category: Warehouse
Position Summary: The Packaging Manager is responsible for managing team members in the high care kitchen area for a 24 million unit a year assembly plant with frozen and fresh sandwiches and deposited products.
1. Production scheduling based on store and WDC needs
2. Supervision of production assembling activities as well as constant improvement plan
3. Responsible for reporting plant preventive maintenance and all plant improvement activities
4. Responsible for production of consistent high quality products within specific recipes
5. Maintains balance of labor and good relations with management and all employees in a multi lingual and cultural environment.
6. Demonstrates a technological proficiency for current industry practices including employee safety.
7. The Production Manager sets a leadership example to all the employees and management. Must be a people person who collaborates with supervisors and employees
8. The ability to drive down importance of food safety to make a substantial improvement in processes and production to achieve the highest standards for safety.
9. Must be able to work in a regulated industry with intense internal and external scrutiny.
10. Other duties assigned based on the needs of the business.
Working Relationships: Collaborates with in-house QA/QC department as well as corporate risk department.
In addition; other critical relationships will be with the Distribution Center, Marketing Category Managers and Directors.
• Must have good working knowledge of high care food production, processes and equipment to perform at high output levels
• Must be collaborative in working relationships at all levels
• Must be a team builder with good communication skills
• Needs to be organized and have the ability to work in a corporate structure with corporate oversight in Safety, food safety, auditing and quality.
• Should have knowledge of frozen and fresh production
Minimum Education: Bachelors in any field, associates in food or comparable work history experience.
Preferred Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Microbiology, Chemistry Food Technology or Food Sciences. 3-5 years’ experience in food industry to cover technical skills needed.
• Production Operations management
• Lean Manufacturing and or Six Sigma experience
• New product introductions
• Training, development & motivation
• Developing/ implementing procedures
• Regulatory/ Government affairs
• Scheduling / Critical deadlines
• Quality Control / SQF
• Ideal candidate will have at least 5+ years of production management experience in the food industry.
• Candidate should have an entrepreneurial spirit and should also be very hands on.
• Must have experience working with Refrigerated and/or Perishable foods (Short shelf life).
• Must have experience working with the UDSA and prefer experience working with the FDA
• A leadership track record and quality commitment is key to this position.
Soft Skills: Excellent communication & organizational skills and strong analytical and PC skills. Proficient in excel, statistical programs and SAP applications.
Hours & Conditions:
• Must be available to work weekdays, weekends, early mornings, nights, long shifts, and holidays.
• Adapt schedule to work alongside the changing demands of the operation.
• Exposure to vibrations, spices, dust, dirt, noise, fumes and chemicals.
• Working in wet, hot and cold temperature extremes (extremes vary between 100° Fahrenheit -20° Fahrenheit).