CUMBERLAND FARMS - STORE SUPPORT CENTER
Job Category: Distribution
Position Summary: Responsible for assisting Loss Prevention Management and various Loss Prevention policies and programs designed to safeguard personnel, property, DC inventory, facilities, and other assets (temperature controls, fire systems, etc.).
1. Monitors ID badges and access control for entry/exit points and conducts front entrance control procedures.
2. Monitors fire suppression, temperature (refrigeration) control and access control systems. Responds to alarms,
disruptions and emergencies.
3. Ensures trailers are properly logged into facility upon entry. Validates essential information for inbound
deliveries and communicates with receiving department.
4. Conduct daily Loss Prevention audits at the Distribution Center (interior and exterior refrigeration checks).
5. Conducts audits that are designed to uncover dishonesty, paperwork errors and shrink related opportunities
and ensures compliance with government regulations and insurance requirements.
6. Responsible for off hour security checks/patrols. Will assist LP Manager or LP Foreman with opening and
closing the building when necessary.
7. Conducts surveillance using the CCTV system. Basic knowledge of investigations and understands handling
sensitive material/ information.
8. Answers incoming calls to the DC and will transfer calls to appropriate extensions.
Working Relationships: Position will report to the DC Assistant Loss Prevention Foreman but will work closely with DC Loss Prevention Manager and DC Operations management.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma
Preferred Education: Associates Degree or equivalent experience
Minimum Experience: 1-3 years in a Security or Loss Prevention role
Preferred Experience: 2-4 years in a Security or Loss Prevention Role at a Retail Distribution Center
Soft Skills: Strong ability to communicate and interact with a variety of coworkers that will not be direct reports.
Other: Physical • Lots of walking in a distribution center environment-includes refrigerated and frozen goods
• Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
• Bending- some physical requirements (shutting off a water valves, pushing a pallet jack)
• Walking for prolonged periods (auditing, inspections 1-2 hours)
• Sitting for prolonged periods
• Able to work various hours/flexible schedule (ability to work overnight)
• Alert, attentiveness and ability to respond to emergency situations (moving with a sense of urgency from to any part of the building as necessary)
Hours & Conditions Must be available to work weekdays, weekends, early mornings, nights, long shifts, and holidays. Adapt schedule to work alongside the changing demands of the warehouse.
Exposure to vibrations, dust, dirt, noise, fumes and chemicals.
Working in hot and cold temperature extremes (extremes vary between 100° Fahrenheit -20° Fahrenheit).
Other • Ability to use Microsoft applications (e.g., Excel) to perform inventory analysis
• Understanding of security systems (e.g., cameras)
• Knowledge of facility Food Defense