Quality Assurance Technician
Req #: 981a934b-ffc1-48a3-8261-a706010a191b
Location: WESTBOROUGH, MA
Location Name: CUMBERLAND FARMS - STORE SUPPORT CENTER
Job Category: Warehouse
This position will be responsible for conducting tests and analysis on both finished product, raw material and perform quality audits throughout the production process by performing the following duties
1. Performs analytical testing on finished product to ensure production is within specification.
2. Performs raw material testing to assure all incoming material is acceptable for production use
3. Performs daily production line checks to assure finished product quality integrity
4. Collects and performs micro testing to assure finished and in process product is free of harmful bacteria
5. Evaluates data collected and writes reports using computer system
6. Performs ATP Hygiene Monitoring Swab audits on equipment to assure effectiveness of Sanitation CIP
7. Performs quality audits of the manufacturing process including GMP, & hygiene monitoring
8. Identifies and communicates promptly to Quality Manager all quality issues based on test results
9. Fills out all on Hold logs, reports, and stickers to place product /material on "Hold" to ensure material is
secured and does not leave the plant
10. Evaluates and sorts data and issues statistical reports to identify trends and deviations in the
11. Cleans lab instruments, utensils, sinks, & counter-tops on a daily basis to maintain a clean work
12. Under the direction of the Quality Manager complies with all food safety guidelines
13. Works with the Quality Manager and other technician overseeing that lot traceability activities are being
followed according to SOP’s in the event of a product recall
14. Participates and supports the operations HACCP & GMP Programs
Works with Managers, Supervisor’s, Line Leads and General Production staff.
High School Diploma with 1 year quality assurance and manufacturing experience
High School Diploma with 1-2 years of quality assurance and manufacturing experience.
Experience with Microsoft Word & Excel. Effective writing skills are required for this position. Basic mathematic skills are required.
Sunday through Friday between 5:00am and 6:00 pm; including Saturdays as needed. Must be able to work in temperatures between 40 – 45 degree F.