Gas Maintenance Technician-Intermediate
Req #: 8edcdef3-0b7e-4391-8a05-a8a30149c5b3
Location: HARTFORD, CT
Location Name: WORK FROM HOME - HARTFORD, CT
Job Category: Corporate
Title: Gas Maintenance Technician
Company: Cumberland Farms - Retail
Supervisor’s Job Title: Facilities Manager
Position Summary: Travels to store locations and performs a wide variety of gas maintenance repairs and services. Performs repairs and maintenance on fuel dispensers and related equipment including submersible pumps, UST (Underground Storage Tank) monitoring systems, intercom systems, LED Price Signs & Components, and various UST/Piping components. Performs quality inspections on work performed by outside vendors. Carries cell phone as required for emergency on call services. Responsible for ensuring scheduled maintenance is performed on service truck at required intervals. Responsible for maintaining tools & parts inventory assigned to truck.
1. Receive dispatches via email & phone, and works with dispatchers to ensure prioritization of work with the goal of maximizing equipment up-time.
2. Perform preventive maintenance inspections.
3. Troubleshoots and repairs malfunctioning gas dispensers, submersible pumps, UST monitoring systems, electronic price signs, and various UST/Piping components
4. Updates job status and notes via online work order management system, provides detailed resolution notes
5. Maintains truck inventory accuracy by performing weekly cycle counts and annual inventory.
6. Ensures service vehicle is maintained, clean, and well stocked with service parts.
Working Relationships: Internal: Operations (VP, Regional Manager, ASM, Store Manager), Facilities Managers, dispatchers
Minimum Education: a high school diploma or its equivalent
Preferred Education: Trade school. Field Service Experience.
Preferred Experience: Experience Servicing Wayne, Gilbarco, Veeder-Root, or related equipment
Soft Skills: Effective interpersonal skills
Other: Physical Must be able to lift 80 pounds.
Travel: Entire shift requires travel. Must have a valid drivers license and a clean driving record.
Hours & Conditions: 8-4:30 M-F