Fleet Service Technician
Req #: b23d6287-b23c-4402-bd45-a89401546eb5
Location: WESTBOROUGH, MA
Location Name: CUMBERLAND FARMS - STORE SUPPORT CENTER OFFICE
Job Category: Driver
Understanding of specialized methods and technical requirements to maintain our fleet. Handling of road calls in 8 states assisting outside services and/or our technicians with diagnostic expertise in regards to roadside equipment failures. Issue purchase orders and work with our vendors.
1. Priorities for your repairs with ability to change priority when/if needed due to work flow.
2. Review all your repair orders and correct as needed before completing.
3. Conform to established policies regarding attendance and work schedules.
4. Control cost by finding most economical, effective, efficient and safest way to complete repairs.
5. Handle road call services and schedule service and repairs at outside locations during off hours.
6. Monitor and schedule all federal and state inspections (outside locations).
7. Monitor parts usage: work with parts coordinator to maintain correct parts on repair orders.
8. Communicating with satellite garages ensuring equipment is available for service, repairs, etc.
Driver supervisors, drivers, outside vendors, petroleum logistics personal and all company garages. Most of these persons will be interacted with on a daily basis and therefore position requires a high level of open communication between all parties.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Minimum Experience: Electrical knowledge, some computer knowledge
Preferred Experience: Brake service and repair, PM services, knowledge of trucks and cargo tanks
Licenses/Certifications: [not required] CDL Hazmat license, ASE certifications
Soft Skills: Able to read and understand diagrams. Strong communication skills. Able to multi task and handle people. Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
Other: Physical • Walk/stand on concrete
• Bend, stoop, crouch, kneel, and crawl to repair units
• Reach below and above shoulder height to repair units
• Use of hand power and air tools is required
• Climb, stand, and balance on ladders or units to perform repairs
• Insert hands into confined areas to repair units
• Work above shoulders in cervical extension from stand, bend, stoop, crouch, kneel
• Work under units while they are on hoist or shop floor
• Able to lift 75lbs.•
Travel Overnight travel may be required based on the needs of the business. Clean driving record required
Hours & Conditions Required to work days, nights, weekends and holidays