Req #: e1670baf-addb-4603-bbeb-a87b01596e6a
Location: WESTBOROUGH, MA
Location Name: CUMBERLAND FARMS - STORE SUPPORT CENTER OFFICE
Job Category: Corporate
To provide support for the Category Manager. Will include forecasting, managing Distribution Center inventory and maintaining category-specific products, In addition, the Assistant Buyer position includes issuing purchase orders, reconciling invoices for Category Manager’s authorization, processing invoices for payment, analyzing sales data, creating excel based sales reports, providing support to the store operations group and accurate, and timely completion of various special projects.
1. Category Item Management – new vendor paperwork/setup, new item setup, item inventory forecasting,
purchase order creation, item data maintenance within various software.
2. Invoice Payments – receiver / purchase order reconciliation, invoice preparation/coding, invoice
processing with Accounts Payable
3. Assorted Departmental Duties – distributing mail on a rotating basis, providing backup for phone
coverage, completing in an accurate and timely manner departmental reports/communication
4. Sales Reports – create, update, maintain and distribute category specific sales reports at the direction of
the Category Manager
5. Provide phone and email support for the Store Operations group – timely and accurate response to
questions and concerns
6. Invoice, Purchase Order, Item Reconciliation management – troubleshooting and reconciliation of
problems that may occur in the order/billing process
Accounts Payable Department, Accounts Receivable Department, Warehouse Personnel, Manufacturers, Suppliers, Sales Representative, and Brokers.
Minimum Education: High School Graduate or GED
Preferred Education: Associates Degree in Business Administration
Minimum Experience: Strong computer skills. Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
Preferred Experience: Strong math skills as well as inventory management, product forecasting and product purchasing/coordination experience.
Soft Skills: Must be well organized and detail/process oriented. Must also possess strong communication skills, which include a pleasant and professional phone manner. Should be able to successfully work within a fast-paced environment.
Other: Physical n/a
Hours & Conditions 8 hour days – Business Hours with some flexibility – Office Environment