Resource Protection and Inventory Control Manager
Req #: 54163891-3161-47c5-8e63-a8730109c6bd
Location: PORT ST. LUCIE, FL
Location Name: WORK FROM HOME - PORT ST. LUCIE, FL
Job Category: Corporate
This position has two primary functions. The first is in Inventory Management. To lead a team of Inventory Specialists. Ensure continuous development of Inventory Specialist to ensure their accuracy of Inventories, high customer satisfaction and meeting departmental efficiency metrics. Liaison between Field Operations (District and Regional Managers) on Inventory discrepancies or issues. The second is in Resource Protection. To Provides Resource Protection support to our field organization. Conducts investigations in high shrink stores, gains the commitment from the field organization on proper action plans to reduce and maintain shrink. Conducts investigations for Robberies and B&E’s. Trains new DMs and Managers on Resource Protection techniques and systems.
1. Implementation of Corporate and Department policies to direct reports.
2. Recruit, hire and train Inventory Specialist for any open positions.
3. Conduct monthly evaluations on Inventory Specialist to measure policy compliance and Inventory
4. Responsible for training Inventory Specialist on new systems or programs as they are available.
5. Ability to evaluate Inventory Specialist strengths and opportunities. Develop and implement a plan for
continuous improvement for each Inventory Specialist. Ensure Inventory Specialist meet or exceed
6. Primary contact with the Retail RM and DMs, to ensure issues are resolved. Attending meetings with
District or Regional Managers as needed to communicate what initiates we are working on, major
changes and identifying what improvements are needed from their standpoint. Must possess
exceptional communication, and influencing skills.
7. Responsible for planning and meeting expense budget.
8. Daily Inventory Specialist visits will consist of, accuracy evaluation, coaching Inventory Specialist on
development plan, assisting with conducting Inventory, and interacting with Store Manager and District
9. Monitor weekly payroll to ensure Inventory Specialist are meeting scheduled hours.
10. Conduct midyear and yearly performance reviews on Inventory Specialist.
1. Portfolio Management: Focus on and prioritize the stores with the highest controllable losses (outliers).
Measure Resource Protection (RP) Systems, develop and obtain action plan commitments from the Field
2. Investigate Robberies and B&E’s. Measure RP systems that develop and obtain action plan commitments
from the field that minimizes cash losses and keeps our Team Members safe.
3. Investigate Suspicious Activity for Money Order purchases to include determining suspicious activity
through video investigations, store visits, and completing the appropriate Governmental forms.
4. Conduct training for new DMs and Store Managers on all RP systems and processes.
5. Security consultant to the Field Teams.
Interacts with all levels of Field Operations, and other members of the Inventory Management, and Resource Protection and other SSC Departments.
Minimum Education: Diploma
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree in business with some related post graduate work
Minimum Experience: 5+ years in Retail with 1-3 years of recent managerial or multi-unit or Team Lead experience. 2-5 years in Retail Resource Protection, or Inventory Management.
Preferred Experience: 5 + years in Portfolio Management (Area or Regional levels) focusing on Resource Protection and/or safety.
Technical Skills: • Effective Communication (verbal and oral)
• Must be able to create followers and build trust.
• Must possess analytical abilities, act strategically and plan and manage execution of initiatives
• Passion for detail and meeting deadlines
• Strong organizational skills to include effective time management in all key responsibilities of the job
• Must be able to make smart and tough decisions
• Readily identify needs and requirements, and establish plans and processes to ensure successful results.
• Ability to establish positive working relationships across the organization and with service providers
• Strong Interpersonal and writing skills. Remaining calm in high stress situations. Strong influencing skills
• Proficient in MS Office ( MS Word, Power Point, Excel, and Outlook
Physical Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, endure long periods of standing while supporting Inventory Specialist. Must be able to deal with wide variations in temperature (freezer/cooler).
Travel Field based position requires daily travel to CF locations within designated area. Must be able to travel long distances daily to reach different locations. Must be available for overnight travel.
Hours & Conditions 40-50 hour work week in a field environment.